Sofia B. Pertuz, PhD
Lead Strategist and Founder of Mainstream Insight, LLC
Dr. Sofia Pertuz is a diversity, equity, and inclusion professional with over 20 years of experience in strategic planning, assessment, and critical incident management in higher education and inclusive excellence. Sofia is the founder and lead strategist for Mainstream Insight LLC and serves as the Managing Director for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for Billie Jean King Enterprises, a firm focus on equity and the future of work and Senior Advisor for the Jed Foundation, a nonprofit that protects the emotional health and prevents suicide for young people.
Sofia has been an invited speaker to international audiences on topics in leadership, change management, social justice, and LGBTQ advocacy, including delivering keynotes in Spanish. Sofia is the author of a book chapter, “Exploring Latinx/a/o Identity, Cultural Values, and Success in Higher Education” and her research focuses on Latinx leadership and culturally responsive mental health resources. Sofia dedicates volunteer time sharing knowledge and skills through mentorship and organizational activities aiming to create inclusive and caring communities. Sofia completed a B.A. degree in Organizational Communication from SUNY New Paltz and earned her M.A. and Ph.D. in Higher Education Leadership, Management, and Policy, both from Seton Hall University.
OFFERING EXPERTISE IN
1. Organizational Diversity and Inclusion Assessment
2. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access Capacity Building with Organization Leadership
3. Assessing Professional Development for Staff on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Topics
1. Leadership In Challenging Times: Comprehensive Community Responses To Bias Incidents
2. A Matter Of Perspective: Understanding & Recovering From Bias-Motivated Interactions
3. Creating Safe and Affirming Environments for the LGBTQ and Ally Communities
1. Creating Inclusive Environments
2. Mainstream Activists: Straddling the Roles of Administrators and Student Advocates
3. Humor and Grace: Essential Tools for Community and Self Care
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
I really appreciated the positive, upbeat delivery of the information today. You are great at what you do.
~ participant at a training at Champlain College